Thursday, December 13, 2012

Disappointment

I just came back from my 6 week appointment with my orthopedic doctor.  I even took along a shoe, hoping that when the cast came off I would be able to put on a regular shoe and get my keys back.  As you can tell from the title of this post, it didn't happen.  They took off the cast and then gave me (well I bought it really) this new "boot" that I have to wear for 3 more weeks.  It is only a very slight improvement.  It feels bigger and I have to take it off to put my regular clothes on.  With the cast I could just slip my clothes on over the cast.  

However, on the bright and optimistic side, I WAS able to wash my leg and foot for the first time in 3 weeks.  When I got home I took off the boot and scrubbed my leg, what an awful sight of dry dead skin,  (I decided no one needed to see that sight)  and I shaved my legs.  Finally I took my 'pedi spin' clean up tool to my callouses to clean up my feet.  They too were disgusting. My legs and feet feel much better but my spirit is a little low.  I was hoping to get something that would make it possible for me to drive.  I have 3 more weeks of being home bound.  I am glad that Christmas comes in that time so I am hoping that the holidays make this confinement go quicker.  I don't have to wear it at night so that is also a good thing.  I am trying to find the good in things.

SO, cleaner, hairless legs, scaly  dry skin is smooth, Christmas will break up the time and as always I have lots of sewing projects and good books to read.  I have a wonderful husband that takes good care of me and  it will be over soon I am sure.  Life is full of disappointments but we all manage to get through them.


1 comment:

  1. Yuck! I'm sorry. You know what you need for Xmas? A Segway. Surely you could rent one for just the next couple of weeks. If that won't work, a few more bottles of Scotch might work: )
    Diana

    ReplyDelete