Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Under the weather

That is such an interesting phrase.  I'm not sure what the origin of the saying really is but it my status this week. Somehow I managed to pick up a nasty cold right after I was granted my driving privileges this past week.  To put it crudely, it sucks!!!   Saturday it began with a scratchy throat and a headache.  It continued to get worse as the weekend progressed. I seem to have NO energy, a stuffy head, body aches and spend more than half my time on the sofa because I am too tired to even read a book.  I guess that I also spend time on the sofa because I can and I don't want to do anything else.  I do know that if I had to work I would probably 'suck it up' and go to work feeling lousy but since I don't I just curl up on the sofa with NPR in the background and wait it out with any drug that I can put my hands on.

OH on top of getting a cold this past week, I also had one of my crowns come out.  I am lucky that it is far enough back in my mouth that it doesn't show and it had a root canal  so it does't hurt.  The unlucky part is there isn't enough of a root left to put on another crown so I have to go the expensive implant route.  That won't be fun either.


I just wanted to complain and explain my lack of posting this past week but mostly just complain.  I know that it will pass and all these body aches will go away some time but for right now the sofa is my best friend.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer of a week.
    I hope things improve.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I have been sick lately too. I have been hitting every home remedy I can think of/google. There is some crazy stuff to try (vicks on your feet for one).

    I think I am finally getting better.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete