Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Wonderful weekend

This past weekend we drove down to Grand Rapids to attend a shower for Jessica.  It was a great brunch.  
 Her friend Megan, Megan's mother and a friend put on the shower at Eva's house.  The food was prepared and it was all ready to go.
 This is Jessica's new mother-in-law to be, Diane.  They were first in line.
 Jessica's friends came to help her celebrate.  She has known these ladies for quite a while and has enjoyed traveling and just 'hanging out' with them.
Jessica and her Aunt Christi with her daughter-in-law to be.
Of course the mother of the bride and the wonderful aunt.
 Diane and Doug's sister, Denise.
It was a wonderful shower.  She received many fantastic gifts.  She is showing off her new dishes here.  They look great.
Bud went over to Jessica's house where Doug and his father were working on their new bathroom.  He mostly just sat around and relaxed but he did get out away from all the women at Eva's house.
That evening Eva, Bud and I decided that we needed a little evening entertainment and of course the movies are always good for a nice night out. We looked over the movie selection and had a couple of choices, So This is 40 was finally chosen by Bud.  However, I did my best to get my way because when we arrived at the theater I went up to buy the tickets and mistakenly asked for the movie Guilt Trip which was my first choice.  I didn't even realize that I had chosen the wrong movie until we were in the theater and the movie was about to start.  Bud told us that he had realized that I bought the wrong tickets when we walked into the seating area and So This is 40 wasn't the movie we were attending.  He didn't say anything though and just let us go to the other movie.  I guess I REALLY wanted to see Guilt Trip.  I felt a little silly that I made the big mistake but I must admit that it was a VERY funny movie.  I laughed and laughed and laughed.  I guess I am glad that I got my choice.  I really can't relate too well to a movie where someone who is just turning 40 is complaining about their age.  
Sunday Eva, Bud and I drove to Big Rapids to meet Leo for his birthday celebration.  That has kind of become a tradition with us.  This time we tried a new place, a brewpub that Doug's father had heard about.  The food was just OK.  I think I like the place that we go to downtown better.  We all agreed that it was nice to try something else but we won't return.  Leo turned 57 and it was his actual birthday.

We spent Sunday night at Eva's house again because Bud had a meeting downtown Grand Rapids on Monday.  We arrived home Monday evening, sniffling all the way.  Yes, I gave my cold to  Bud but his doesn't seem to be quite as bad or maybe I am just a baby, giving in to the cold and not putting up a very good fight.
I hope the cold or flu have not captured you and you stay healthy through the winter weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment