Thursday, January 3, 2013

Freedom and independence

Today I went back to my doctor and was granted my freedom to drive.  I am wearing my stiffer tennis shoe but I am walking without the boot and most of all I can drive. Bud brought me home and I picked up my car right away.  
 I was planning to have lunch with my friend Kathy, letting Bud drop me off and getting a ride home later but I was able to drive myself.  It feels great to have my independence again.  I spent the afternoon with Kathy.  She is babysitting her granddaughter two days a week and I was finally able to make it over to visit while Finnley was there for the day.  She is 4 months old and a very nice little baby. Needless to say Kathy is thrilled to have her granddaughter around a couple days a week.
I was so appreciative of my new freedom, I had Kathy take my picture.  As you can see, I am thrilled.  It is nice to have the ability to do whatever I wish without having to wait for a driver.  I even stopped at the grocery store on the way home.  New found freedom is fantastic.

SO, the lesson learned is to be careful, enjoy what you have, appreciate the people that help you in time of need and be thankful when you have recovered from a difficult time.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back on your foot.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! Or in the words of Braveheart or Dave Ramsey, "Freedom!!"
    Diana

    ReplyDelete