Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday, Monday. What a day

Good Monday morning.  The weekend has passed and with it came another snowstorm. (When I don't have  anything else to blog about, I can always fall back on the weather in N. Michigan, especially in the winter.)  Once again this Monday morning brings school closings to most of the area.  The cold weather snap of last week has been replaced with wet damp snow this week, a reminder that if you don't like the weather in Michigan, just wait and it will change.  That 'lake effect snow' and other weather patterns can be blamed on all that water that is around us.  That water can be beautiful in the summer but it brings this unpredictable weather in the winter. Such is the challenge of living in Michigan.  I will take these challenges over most other natural weather/disaster problems of the country.  At least if you have a snowstorm, you can stay inside and look out.  That is what I will do for most of today since I am not going to Kingsley to volunteer today after all.

The weekend also brought us movie time, another of my favorite blog topics. We went to see 'Silver Linings Playbook' on Saturday.  It was a great movie but full of interesting family problems and lots of mental illness.The acting was great and even though the topic was mental illness, the plot was very good.  I would recommend it to anyone.  Sunday afternoon I finally managed to get Bud to take me to see Les Miserables.  I have been wanting to see it every since it came out, he hasn't been as excited about seeing it but we did make it finally.  I have seen the Broadway production twice (not on Broadway but in Lansing and Chicago) and enjoyed it both time. I also saw the OLD movie of it in black and white many years ago. I still liked the current production of the movie.  It was very well acted and although not an uplifting topic, a good movie.  SO, I guess that both of my movies of the weekend were kind of  'downers' but well done.   It has been our time to catch up on all the award nomination movies.

I have been doing a lot of computer work this past week too.  I am trying to catch up on my photo albums for the last two years.  I am behind and wanted to get those two years done before I got too far into another year.  I use Shutterfly and make my albums and once I get into the swing of using the program, I get faster.  I finished the year 2011 and have started 2012.  It still takes many hours at the computer but the end product is nice.  I have vowed to get those two years finished before starting another project in my sewing room.  That is incentive for me to get done although I haven't planned my next sewing project just yet.  I am sure something will inspire me.

SO, weather and movies????   Was your weekend more exciting?   If not, I hope it was interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the reviews. I hope to see both of them. I'm glad that you appreciate the snowstorms cause looking out at the effects of our southern bad weather (potential tornadoes tonight) is not near as pretty: )
    Diana

    ReplyDelete