Sunday, March 17, 2013

A quiet weekend alone

This past week was full of changes.  My trip to be with Leo was postponed until this week,  All is well, we just needed to wait a week.  So I returned to school on Friday and had my usual day of volunteering.  I do love to go down there and help out.  It is still fun for me and I feel very useful.  I am reading a book to the class so they look forward to hearing the latest chapter.  
Earlier in the week one of Bud's aunts died.  She had been in hospice so it wasn't a big surprise.  She was the oldest of Warren's sisters, in her 90s.  He decided to go to the service but this time he would fly since it was over 900 miles to Newport News where she lived. He was also interested in meeting her children, his cousins because he hadn't ever met them.  He left about noon on Friday and is arriving back tonight.  
SO, I was alone for the weekend, the first time in quite a while.  I had bought some fabric for a new quilt and a new pattern that I wanted to try out.  I had cut it out this past week and decided that it would be a good project for me to do while he was gone.  Here are the two blocks that go into the quilt.  These blocks are pretty big, 16 inches square, so it won't take many to make this quilt.  I had a lot of the fabric already but added a few more pieces.  I think it will make an interesting quilt, all in kind of earth tones. 

While he has been gone I have been sewing, reading and staying up late watching things like Saturday Night Live and such, things that I usually don't do.  It is still cold here with snow on the ground and in the weather forecast.  We have had lots of sunshine though so that makes winter seem like it is almost over.

So there you have it, the weather and an update on my latest sewing project.  I'm sorry but that's all I have for you on this Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment