Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Jeopardy

OK, OK, I am feeling especially intelligent today because I guessed the Final Jeopardy question correctly last night  AND none of the contestants were able to come up with the correct question.  I must give all my credit to Mr. Colebank, my high school English teacher though.  He taught me all I know about early American Literature and British Literature.

The category was British Novels the answer was: Fittingly this Thomas Hardy character is introduced near the Pure Drop Inn.  Do you know the answer??  I guessed it correctly but would have been embarrassed because I would not have been able to spell the title correctly.  Have you guessed it yet??  Maybe Diana will know and probably Sara and maybe Eva since she had the same English teacher that I did.  I will put the answer at the bottom of the post so keep thinking but do not Google it.  Rely on your own brain to come up with the answer or maybe you too had a great English teacher.

Today I am going down to Clare to spend the next few days with Leo.  All is going well there.  We seem to have our little 'routine' that we fall in to and get along quite well.  I hope the weather is better this time. The last time I was down we had quite a snowy trip to Midland one day.  After the trip was over, Leo said that maybe he should have driven the truck.  I don't know if that was a comment on my driving or just that he felt that his truck was safer.  I am making vegetable soup to take with me.  It is his favorite soup that I make.

I have been working on 'baby projects' the last couple of weeks so I can't post a picture of them just in case those babies check the blog and see their gifts early.  We are going out to Cape Cod the first of April to spend a weekend with those lovely babies.  Eva just spent the last weekend with them.  Just in case you want to see a happy Grandmother, check out this picture. They are all so cute.  I can hardly wait to have my chance to hold them.  
SO, have you figured out the answer yet????

The question was:  Who is Tess of the D'urbervilles.    If you knew this, thank an English teacher today.

No comments:

Post a Comment