Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Helping a local charity event for women

Yesterday I went up to Charlovoix to help set up a 'table' for a charity event. My friend MaryAnne and I made the red plate covers (they area called chargers which I had never heard) for this event. Many area groups decorated the tables for this luncheon that was today. Women around the area paid $150 a seat for this event to raise money for the Women's Resource Center. I thought it was a worthwhile charity. This is a little bit better view of the table. We made our 'chargers' out of the fabric wrapped clothesline that I have been experimenting with. This group of women that helped decorate the table work in the 'fiber arts' so all of our decorations were related to fabric arts. It was fun. This is the same group that I helped with the 'felting' work in the schools. SO, you can see that I am keeping fairly busy and my friends are doing a good job of finding things for me to do too.


1 comment:

  1. Will you be able to take a few moments away from your busy life to go on the boat?? :-)

    ReplyDelete