Sunday, June 13, 2010

swirl quilt almost finished

WELL, I finished putting together the swirls today. The designer suggested putting them on a black background so I had the fabric all ready to do that step. I placed the fabric on a bed downstairs just to get a look at how it will be when done. I haven't stitched the swirls to the black background yet. That is the last step. I took these two pictures from different views just to show how it may look. I will hang it so it won't look exactly like this.
Bud and I had an interesting conversation then about hanging it in the house. I had thought maybe of hanging it in the entrance way to our house on those walls. We decided that maybe it wouldn't look best there and came up with a plan of what to put there. However, I still wanted to hang it somewhere. We have decided that it might look good hanging in the kitchen on the back of the fireplace wall. I think that would be a good place for it. I will work on finishing it now with very little of the black space around the swirls. I think that will look good there. Anyway, I learned a lot by making this piece. We both like it and it is a distinctive piece of work.
I will post a picture when it is completely finished and hanging because it will look different hanging on the wall.

1 comment:

  1. This is nice...and I think it will bring some great color to the kitchen.
    What is your plan for the entrance?

    ReplyDelete