Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday sewing ramblings

Bud bought me a new toy for my sewing machine as a birthday gift. We first set out to buy me a new watch but were not able to find one that I liked so I decided to keep the one that I have and not worry about telling time too much since I am retired and don't need to keep a schedule. This tool will gather material for me. It fits right on my sewing machine. This isn't a very good picture but it is the best that I could do.
This picture is a little better. It shows how you can adjust the gathers to be very close together or farther and farther apart. I will use this to make ruffles on pillows or what ever I can find to ruffle. SO don't be surprised to find something ruffled in your next present. I have already promised Doug to make him some ruffled things for his birthday.

This is the finished quilt that I made for Leo. It is the same pattern that I used to make one for Eva a few years ago. Leo told me that he wanted it blue so it surely is blue. This picture shows the pattern in a small area. The pattern is called 'A trip Around the World'.

This shows the border and the back. It is hard to see the difference in the border and the back but I was going for a manly fabric and didn't want too many flowers.

This is a picture of the whole quilt. You really can't see the border too much but you get a feel for the pattern. I like how this pattern turns out with showing the darkest color to set off the pattern.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! Great present for the sewing projects..looking foreward to seeing Bud in ruffles!

    ReplyDelete