Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Quilts in the garden

Monday I went to a garden luncheon that was given by the group that sponsored my class with the big swirls that I took earlier this summer. They were announcing their upcoming classes and inviting people to bring along projects that they had completed. I took my quilt from my bed and the baby quilt that I made for Molly. I was excited about some of the quilts that I saw displayed. I thought this quilt looked BEAUTIFUL. I liked the pinwheel look, the use of many different leftover scraps, the bright red border and the very tiny triangle extra border. I took quite a few pictures of this quilt because I think I will try it out this winter, using scraps from my 'stash'.
Those very small pinwheels in the border were fascinating. I was amazed at the skill of this quilter and how well her points match up.

This is the square. I was able to go online and find the pattern so I know that I can make this. It will be a good winter project and a fun way to use up scraps. Quilters never get rid of their small pieces of fabric because they know that they will find a use for them somewhere.


Many other quilts were hanging from the porch. It was quite a sight.


This is the finished project that one of the class members made from that class. I still haven't put mine on the black background but will get to it soon I hope.
I hope you enjoyed the look at the quilts. I will try to post something other than quilts soon so that you won't think that my whole life centers around quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment