Thursday, August 26, 2010

Molly's new baby

Yesterday I went down to the school to help Molly with some 'start up' projects. It probably was just an excuse to see that new baby and deliver some gifts but I really did get some work done.
I was able to hold little Seth for quite a while so that Molly was able to do some other things in the classroom. Yesterday was the first 'teacher work day' which Molly will come in for even though she is taking the first marking period off on maternity leave. She didn't want to use her valuable sick days for these work days. Seth did come in for his afternoon feeding so I was able to babysit for a while.
YES, I know that when 3 week old babies smile it is just gas but this sure was a good smile. Maybe it is just the lucky lady that is holding him.

Cora came in later in the afternoon and checked out her new brother's teddy bear.

Molly is a terrific mother. I do enjoy spending time with her.

I gave Cora a little gift too. This is her 'castle' for the little finger puppets I bought for her. She is drawing a picture on her Mommy's desk.

It is hard to catch a smile on the digital camera but this was as close as I could get.

And of course the 'silly face' is always fun.
It was a fun day for me. I am glad that I am not doing the 'long-term- sub' for Molly. I was asked several times but I really am NOT interested in that kind of commitment. I will go in and help the sub because she is one of my friends and that will be enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment