Thursday, August 5, 2010

Turning 60

Yesterday I turned 60 with family all around me. I had decided it would be nice to go down to Grand Rapids and spend the afternoon with Eva and Jessica. We arrived in time to go out for lunch. They both took the afternoon off. After lunch Bud headed off to the Harley store to check out what they have in stock. I understand he bought himself a new and larger windshield for his bike that will be delivered some time soon. Us girls headed out to do a little used furniture shopping and boutique shopping. It was a fun afternoon looking through antique shops. Jessica is looking for a new cabinet type piece of furniture for her kitchen. We saw a couple of possibilities. It was a fun afternoon just checking out unusual shops around the area. We then met back at the house where we reunited with Bud. He had made reservations at my favorite restaurant in Ada that serves the BEST Turkish food. We had a birthday toast.
Doug joined us after his hard day of work.





The food was terrific. We have finally figured out how to order food here. The servings are sooo big and sooo delicious that it is hard to choose. So we ordered a selection of appetizers. Then we ordered 2 main course meals which included a selection of their meats with this great dill/cucumber sauce. The first time we ate here we ordered 4 meals for 5 people and didn't even touch one of the meals. Anyway, the food was delicious and the company was perfect.


They even brought us a complementary dessert plate with a candle.

Eva gave me a wonderful picture holder which included a few of my favorite picture memories like the one of Eva and me in the bathtub, the one of Eva and me and my new rocking chair and the one of Eva and me singing with Dad playing an organ. It also included some other family pictures. However, Doug pointed out that it didn't include a picture of him. We will have to work on that. I love the holder and the pictures. Eva also gave me two new pair of silver ear rings. I like them a lot. I was needing to expand my silver choices with some more hoops that are larger. They look very nice.

Jessica made me 2 pendants. I am wearing one of them in this picture.
It was a wonderful birthday. I had a great time sharing my afternoon with Eva and Jessica. I really enjoyed my birthday dinner with Eva, Jessica, Doug and Bud. I received MANY phone calls from family all around the country. I felt very special and blessed to have such a wonderful family to help me through to this new decade. Thank you all for the words of love on my birthday. You all are very special to me too. I love my family very much and appreciate you remembering my day.


4 comments:

  1. You all look sunkissed and happy. We had Turkish food that night too and toasted to "Aunt Della" with a bunch of people you don't know but that doesn't matter. Lots of good vibes your way and Big Big love from Leo and me.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great birthday. You look beautiful in these pictures, glowing! And like Eva said, you should feel loved

    ReplyDelete
  3. Late Birthday greetings..fun to read about your great day..I will have have you advise me about mine which is coming up soon...love and a hug Kathy

    ReplyDelete