Monday, August 9, 2010

New quilt and decorating issues

Well, I finally finished the quilt that I was making for our bedroom. I saw a quilt like this a couple of years ago when we stopped in a craft gallery on our way home from N. Carolina. I liked it a lot but they didn't sell the pattern. SO, I thought it looked pretty easy to make and I took a lot of pictures. I recreated the quilt from those pictures. It uses a lot of Batik fabrics which I like. It took me a while to do this one because I kept getting interrupted with other projects so some of you have seen it in its unfinished form. It is now on our bed.
However, I do now have some decorating issues to solve. Nothing in this quilt really goes with what we have in our bedroom except maybe the light blue wall behind the bed. Our headboard and bedside tables are painted an off white color. Eva and Jessica have suggested that I paint them black and maybe 'distress' them a little.

The pictures over the bed really don't go either. I don't have any ideas for that area except the beautiful pictures that Sara and Leo brought home from Sri Lanka. Maybe I will need to take a trip there and pick something out.

This is one of the bedside tables that will be painted black if you think that is appropriate.


I also have a dresser that could be painted black to match everything else. What do you think??

Finally, there is a chest that is at the end of the bed. Should this be black too or should I paint it a different color and put the fabric from the back of the quilt on this top?? I can leave the top just painted too.
I am very open for ideas so have your say and enjoy. You know that this isn't one of my favorite things to do, decorate.

1 comment:

  1. I STILL THINK IT WOULD BE GOOD TO DO BLACK....THE QUILT LOOKS GREAT! I COULD HELP, IF YOU FELT YOU NEEDED IT.

    ReplyDelete