Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A basket and apron for Cora

Today I went out to visit Molly. She used to teach across the hall from me. I haven't had a chance to see her daughter, Cora in quite a while because I usually leave Molly's classroom before she comes after school. I took the opportunity of Spring Break to drive out and see Cora. I decided to make her a basket. I made it out of bright colors. The handle fabric is what I used to make her a quilt and bear when she was born. I thought the basket turned out quite cute.
I have been making aprons again too. I finally found the pattern for aprons for children. I made this bright one for her. I made these aprons reversible. This is one side with the contrasting border on the bottom.
On the reverse side you don't get the contrasting fabric on the bottom but I put buttons on near the neck strap and a nice contrasting pocket.

Here is Cora with her basket and her apron.





I had a fun time visiting Molly and Cora.





No comments:

Post a Comment