Sunday, March 7, 2010

Saturday Ramblings and tasks

Once again I am with a friend and we are making jewelry. A little Saturday morning fun. We had a good time. This is my friend Maryanne and her daughter Elizabeth. We each made a bracelet.
It just so happened that we liked the same beads so the are alike.


Now, I got this picture out of order. Bud and I had a LONG technology shopping session yesterday. I NEVER enjoy this kind of shopping. We needed a new printer for the house because our old one died. We used this as an opportunity to upgrade our scanner too. This scanner will scan pictures to a pretty high resolution so I should be able to make good copies of pictures for the family. My plan is to put most of the pictues from the farm on a site and let you go and order any that you would like and maybe I will work on making a book for each of you. Anyway, we now have the scanner to use. We also looked at phones. We are planning to buy a phone that we can use here in the house but it will be compatable with a cell phone. We will then drop our land line and only use a cell phone each of us. I wanted a phone that would serve as a docking station type of phone for the cell phone. Then the other phones in the house would ring and I wouldn't have to carry around my cell phone to hear the phone in the house ring. I would also be able to send text messages and take the cell phone with me if I wanted it. Maybe I will be getting a cell phone after all but don't expect me to call you all the time on my cell phone or don't expect that I will take it with me when I am places like the grocery store and things like that. We have to order the 'docking station' phone so it will be a while before we make this transformation.


This is the final project. We learned how to twist the wire and make the coil thing. It is cute and it was fun to make.





Finally this is a picture that Matt sent to us. The family went to a Young Author's day yesterday. This is Hailey with Grammy award winner Bill Harley. I must admit I don't know who he is but I am sure it was fun to meet him.







No comments:

Post a Comment