Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Windy city girls

I had a great time in Chicago with my nieces Brittany and Charlotte.  I really am blessed to have such nice nieces.  I am thankful that Sue and the girls invited me to go along. 


 Brittany is on break from medical school at Michigan and they just decided that the girls needed a weekend of fun in the city.  Brittany was able to get a ride with a friend and we were able to meet up with her on the way over to Chicago and pick her up along the highway.  (We did go to an exit, not just have her wait along the highway)  It all worked out very well.  We shopped on Saturday morning, had a great lunch at a place that Brittany knew about from her summer living there and then headed to the show Les Miserables.  I enjoyed the production a lot even though I have seen it before.  After the show we shopped some more and then headed back to check out our shopping 'finds'

 We had dinner at the Cheese Cake Factory after a 'tough' day of shopping and culture.  We really did eat a light dinner before indulging in the cheese cake.  They were both delicious. 
 Sue bought a great new dress to wear to Jack's Open house this spring.
 Charlotte also bought a 'retro' dress.  Together they are really quite colorful.
 Charlotte found several new dresses.  This one looks great.  I said many times that "Youth is wasted on the young" but she sure looks very nice, this beautiful young lady.
I think it was a color intense weekend because this is one of Brittany's colorful outfits too.  The big Crate and Barrel box is mine.  I stuck to less colorful selections and really don't need any more clothes for my retirement lifestyle. 

Sunday we did some more shopping and then went to the movies.  Monday we were up and shopping again.  The J. Crew store was a very fun experience.  Our clerk was extremely helpful, full of life and great combinations for the young girls.  We had a great time watching them try on outfits.  We left that afternoon and headed home in the snow.  It was a wonderful weekend with everyone.  I always enjoy spending time with family and am thankful that they included me in this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment