Thursday, February 24, 2011

A quick trip to Coleman

Tuesday I took a quick trip down to Coleman.  Leo called me this past weekend and told me that one of Mom's cousins had died (Peg Walter who was Ervin's wife) and he was going to the visitation on Tuesday evening.  I decided I would go along with him so I drove down Tuesday afternoon.  I arrived a little early so I took a quick drive out to check out the farm. 

 I used my lens to bring this picture in closer, I really didn't drive up and get that close.  However, I heard from Leon Lewis and several others at the visitation that the new family LOVES their new place and consider themselves blessed to have their own little place in the country with some land around it.  They are expecting a baby too so I feel like the house is welcoming a new generation.  It makes me happy.
 I also took some pictures of the WWII memorial in Coleman.  They put this new memorial up near the new library.  It is covered with snow but it has the flags around it and Leo told me that there are bricks with veterans' names on them. Our family bought one for Dad.  I will check it out again when the snow has melted and find Dad's brick. 

I met Leo at the Hotel in town for dinner.  Denise and Braden Long joined us or I should say that I joined them I guess.  Coleman isn't exactly the place where you take a lot of pictures at dinner so Braden didn't scoot over to join the picture.

I am glad that I drove down.  Now that I am retired I am available to do the 'family thing' more often.  I am also always looking for a chance to go and bug Leo.

No comments:

Post a Comment