Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend ramblings

We have been pretty active this weekend for us.  Friday night we went out with friends to a new Thai restaurant.  It is not actually that new but we haven't tried it.  It is kind of a small place in a little strip mall near our house.  The food was good. better than average for international food in our town.  After dinner we went to a Guy Davis concert. That too was good although Bud is more of a 'blues guy' than I am.  It was a nice evening with friends.  

Saturday Bud worked in the garage on his electrical work and I worked on the quilt I am making for Diana and Matt.  I picked it up from my quilter this past week.  I made pillows for the bed.  I will post a picture soon.  It looks great.  I only have to make some valances for the windows and that project will be done.  

We were invited to join the Nobles to celebrate Charlotte's 15th birthday in the evening on Saturday.   
 Charlotte received these boots for her birthday.  They wrap around her legs kind of like an Ace bandage and look cute. 
 Dinner was at a local great resturaunt called Stellas.  John (Brittany's boyfriend), Brittany, Charlotte and Sue were on one side of the table in this room which used to be a root cellar at the old State Hospital. 
 Bud, Walt and David were on the other side of the table with me there too.  Jack was away skating in state compitions.  It was a great meal and wonderful company
 We came back to the house for cake and ice cream.  Brittany made and decorated the cake.  It looked terrific.  You may wonder about the numbers on the top of the cake.  Charlotte isn't really 8,232 years old but Sue didn't have the correct number of candles or the correct numbers BUT if you add the numbers up the sum is 15 and Charlotte is also 15.  Clever family. 

 John and Brittany.  Brittany is on break from medical school and is going back today.  John is on break from law school and has next week off for interviews.  He is looking for a summer internship and has several possibilities 
The sisters and the cake.

Well, that is all for us.  I did talk to Sara and Leo.  They had a busy week and Leo had a good birthday.  I received a text from Eva earlier today.  Eva, Jessica and Doug are on their way home from Guatemala.  It sounded like they had a good time.  I am looking forward to hearing thier stories. 

I hope your weekend was fun and full of music, family and projects.  Since I am retired, my whole life is on a weekend schedule.  I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment