Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Groundhog's Day

Eva Came up for the day on Monday.  She arrived in time for lunch.  The two sisters went to lunch together to chat and catch up.  After lunch Eva met with her lawyers and financial advisers.  Bud sat in on those meetings to give her his point of view and any advice she needed.  She stayed until about 4 and then drove back home to beat the snowstorm.  I enjoyed my lunch time with Eva and Bud said the meetings were very productive.  I know that Eva was glad to have Bud help her with some of the decisions.

When Eva was here at the house she got to see Diana's new quilt.  It is ready for the quilter.  This is kind of a blurry picture but it is a little 'sneek peek' just to tease Diana.  I took the quilt to my quilter yesterday and found out that she won't be able to do the quilting.   Jessica (my consultant on this project) said that the quilting needs to be in straight lines.  Well, it turns out that straight line quilting requires some special equipment and my quilter really doesn't excel in that area.  She has recommended a quilter that lives out of town quite a ways but she will be coming into Traverse City on Feb. 14th so she will come and pick up the quilt then.  Interesting, I didn't know that it would require a special quilter to do straight lines.  I am still hoping to get it done so that we can take it with us when we go down to visit Matt and Diana the first of April. 
I can't let this Ground Hog's Day go by without commenting about the "STORM OF THE DECADE".  Diana said it best in a text to me yesterday.  "Listening to NPR coverage of the blizzard of the century, I realized that the northern states respond to 1-2 feet of snow the same way we respond to 1-2 inches."  She is right on that one.  Yes, we did get some snow.  Yes, the schools are closed.  We are on the northern edge of the storm so we didn't get as much.  Eva said that she got about 15 inches.  I have a lunch date with a friend today and will keep that date.  That is the nice thing about living so close to town, I can still go out even if the weather is kind of bad.  Jessica just sent me this picture of the back door at her house.  I know that some of you received this picture but thought it was worth passing on to others.  I am hoping that she wasn't getting ready for work when she discovered this barrier.  I understand this storm is heading out east so Sara and Leo will be in the line of the storm once again.  SORRY,  I am sure that that Florida guy (Leo) is getting tired of all the storms this year.  He may need one of those special lights to 'lift his mood'. Maybe this is payback for spending all that time in the sunshine of Sri Lanka. 

SO, stay warm if you are in the path of the storm.  Read a good book or go sledding.  Maybe even find an old copy of the movie "Ground Hog's Day' and laugh. 

1 comment:

  1. In my nordic opinion, winter is acting like winter for the first time in a long long time and I am LOVING it. Snowing again out here. Pretty pretty. Not to say that I don't dream of basking in the hot sun and frolicking in warm waters, and not to say that I love my transparent peely skin, but I am really loving the snow :)

    ReplyDelete