Wednesday, February 16, 2011

SPRING is in the air

The sun is out today and bringing hopeful signs of spring to N. Michigan.  The temps are in the high 40s and we are elated at the possibility that winter may be over.  NOW, we are also realists and know that we will receive several more snowstorms before the real thing settles over this cold land but today we can dream.  Bud is even thinking of taking down the Christmas tree this weekend.  YES, it is still shining and lighting our deck but again, this is N. Michigan and we need a little cheer late into the season. 

Today we are heading down to Ann Arbor for an appointment for me tomorrow.  I will be meeting up with a neurologist as a 'follow up' to my 'painful feet and moving toes syndrome'.I am no longer going down for the botox injections because I do not have the 'moving toes' part of that syndrome anymore.  I am still stuck with the painful feet part and am expecting that I will deal with that on a lifetime basis.  I am learning to 'accept the things I can not change' with this and other health issues that may come with getting older. I am still seeing the therapist that is doing the deep tissue massage but I think the neurological damage is not repairable.  I am not sure how much longer I will continue to see him.  I do think that he has been very helpful, I no longer have the muscle spasms that were part of the 'moving toes' syndrome but like I said my feet still hurt when I must be on them for any extended period.  I will try to not let that get in the way of living a full and happy life.  I have pursued this problem quite extensively from conventional physical therapy, acupuncture, all kinds of inserts in my shoes from podiatrist, and injections in the bottoms of my feet.  If something new comes along that I think will help, I will try that too.  I'm not giving up, just acknowledging that not everything is curable.  I am not discouraged, just waiting for the 'next big thing'.

1 comment:

  1. A resilient woman....how'd you like to be in my research study about resilience and happiness in later life? ....oh, actually, you're not old enough. Ah well. You'll be glad to know that a positive outlook on life in middle age tends to carry through to the older years and becomes an important element of Resilient Aging :)

    You've probably done this already but...offerings, prayers, and petitions to the Goddess of Feet?

    ReplyDelete