Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday's musings

It was a quiet week here in N. Michigan.  YES, we did have snow.  We noticed it when we left the movies on Saturday evening.  It was blowing in the air.  A light dusting greeted us in the  morning, only enough to catch in the ground cover and rest a little on the roof but it still was snow and along with it cold weather.  The wind howled all weekend. It seems to have blown through and left blue skies behind it but it is still cold.  The trees have not yet shown any signs of little green buds. 

We went to the movie as stated earlier.  We saw the new movie produced by Robert Redford.  It is about the conspiracy that developed after the Civil War which resulted in the assassination of Lincoln.  The story was about a woman that was tried and hung as a conspirator with John Wilks Booth.  I must admit that it brought up some interesting issues.  I thought it was a good movie and would recommend it.  I think it was called The Conspiracy. 

I am rereading Water For Elephants.  There is a new movie coming out soon and I read the book many years ago.  I wanted to refresh my memory of the details.  It is a GREAT book and I am hoping the movie is good too. 

I also started a new quilt.  I have been collecting fabrics for this quilt for quite a while and finally decided on the pattern to use with the fabrics.  I think I will like it.  It may be a gift for someone that is retiring, if I get it done on time.  I also have a wedding gift to make for late July.  I need to keep that sewing machine working pretty hard the next couple of months. 

I talked to Leo earlier this weekend.  He is working hard too.  He has been working 7 days a week for a while.  He did say he went down to his 10 acres and was working on getting his various tractors and mowers starting after a long winter.  That has been keeping him busy in the afternoon.  I will get down there before I go to Paris and make sure that there are flowers on Mom and Dad's graves.  It gives me a reason to visit Leo and go to one of my favorite quilt stores. 

Today I filled my gas tank.  It was on empty so I really had to put a LOT of money in that tank.  I don't think I have ever spent that much money on gas before.  I guess we better get accustomed to it though.  I don't drive very far so that is probably the first gas I have put in this month.  I feel sorry for those of you that must drive a great distance to work every day.  It is an extra expense that has hit the wallet. 

Enough musings for one day.  I am back to the quilt and book.  Enjoy the sunshine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment