Sunday, April 10, 2011

NEeMA - Masi (a message of peace)


Last night  we were blessed to have the experience of a wonderful singer right here in our own town of Traverse City.  We have a lovely old Opera House right downtown and there are often small intimate concerts available.  Bud and I saw this concert advertised and decided to go.  The main singer was a man named Jessee Winchester who did a wonderful funny show for us.  We really enjoyed his show.  HOWEVER, there was this fantastic 'warm-up' singer that I just loved.     I felt a need to share this music with you now that I have learned how to post things from YouTube on my blog.  I hope you like this clip and find more of her music.  I did buy 2 of her CDs and know I will enjoy listening to her. 

She is a very interesting individual.  She is from Montreal and is of Egyptian and Lebanese decent.  She also spent a year with the people of the First Nation in Northern Canada.  I met her when I bought her CDs and she left a very special impression with me through her presence and her music.  I also felt Sara's presence with me while listening to her music.  Enjoy this little clip and find more of her music. 

1 comment:

  1. Shukran (thank you, in Arabic, which she says in the song)! I liked the drumbreath.

    ReplyDelete