Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rainy Day Project

Today is a perfect day to start a new project.  It is raining outside my window.  April Showers bring May Flowers so I am hoping that little saying comes true and just enjoying the sound of the rain, waiting for the flowers to appear in the woods behind our house.

 I collected this group of fabrics (it is called a 'stash' in the quilting world) and decided I will put them to work for me.  One of my former school team mates is getting married this summer and I have been advised that this color scheme will fit into the home.
I was at a fabric store the other day and found this pattern for a table runner.  I liked the pattern so much and decided that I could just make more blocks and turn it into a full size quilt.  SO, the above fabric will go into this project.  Of course I did have to buy a few extra pieces to fill in my colors and I still want to find a gold color to add to my stash fabrics but I think it will look great.  I will let you know how it turns out. 

Anyway, the rain, a new project, and a book.  It takes so little to keep me occupied in my retirement but I do enjoy the freedom.  I hope you find some simple pleasures in your day. 

1 comment:

  1. pretty pretty colors and pattern. fun talking with you today :)

    ReplyDelete