Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekend sewing project

This is my latest project.  I made this little baby doll and carrier for Jessica when she was little.  I saved the pattern and decided to make it for Brookelynn's upcoming birthday.  WELL, I can see why I waited so long to make it again.  It was a 'project'.  I still haven't put the face on the baby doll but wanted to be finished for now.  It is cute but a lot more work than I had anticipated.  I did follow the pattern but it didn't have any way to make the sides of the carrier stiff.  I remember that problem with the one I made for Jessica and I think I put something really stiff in it to hold it up.  I found something a bit softer for this one but just didn't have good luck figuring how to put it in the carrier.  SO, I have decided that I may just continue to make quilts for the 'grand nieces and nephews' like I did for Amy's children.  The quilts may take longer but cause a few less headaches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment