Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm a little scrappy

I have been working on a new quilt.  This is my 'scrappy' quilt.  It is scrappy because I am using up leftover pieces of projects that I have already made.  It is interesting because I can work on it any time.  The only material I had to buy was the white.  You may notice the 'pinwheel' shape in the middle of the white so it is a scrappy pinwheel.  I have about 50 blocks done so far and will just continue to work on it until I find another project to do.  I can always come back to this quilt and finish it when ever I think it is big enough. 

I have been feeling a bit 'scrappy' in other ways too.  I am VERY tired of our government in D.C. and wish they would just do something instead of have news conferences and talk about what other people should do.  When you 'draw a line in the sand' someone always needs to get their back up and then draw another line in the sand much farther away.  I think the people of the United States fully understand that neither side is going to get all they want.  We aren't that stupid, just the ones that talk loud.  The rest of us are continuing to live our lives and hope for the best.  This week I have been especially thankful that I took some time earlier in the summer and went to Paris with 4 wonderful ladies.  If the world comes to an end because Washington D.C. can't make up their mind about how to go ahead and make government work, AT LEAST I HAD PARIS!!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the world in general..I am glad we will have the RV adventure. I guess the best thing to do is just make quilts!! Your scrappy one could be a Habitat for Humanity quilt if it gets big enough! That would be a productive scrappy project. Love ya Kathy

    ReplyDelete