Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend activities

This past weekend was a busy weekend for Harley owners.  It was the weekend of the charity Father Fred ride.  Bud went on the Saturday afternoon 'Poker Run with the guys in this picture.  They had a good time and put about 200 miles on their bikes.  I met the crew downtown in the evening and we all went out to dinner.  Then on Sunday they did the Father Fred ride out on the Peninsula.  This was a shorter ride but everyone went at the same time.  They left the dealership south of town and then rode through town and out to the end of Old Mission Peninsula and back.  They went by our subdivision about 12:30 and I could hear the roar of the bikes from the house.  After that ride I met the group for brunch.  The women in this picture went with their partners.  I have not yet rode on the bike and remain a bystander. It is nice that they let me come and enjoy the after events with them.  Bud had a great time even though the weather was very hot for the ride yesterday. 


When he came home he switched into his painting clothes and began working on the garage.  We picked out a color that we seem to like and he wanted to paint around the doors to see if it was a good match.  We both like it.  It is a bit darker as you can see.  It is hard to believe that we may have nailed the color on the first try.  He bought a small amount of the paint just to try it out. 

I stayed in out of the heat yesterday, working on my scrappy quilt.  I also attended the memorial service of a friend who lost a battle with leukemia a couple of weeks ago.  She was a teacher and a friend that taught next door to me for many years.  I learned a great deal about how to be a teacher from her.  She was just 69 so way to young.  As with all such times, I did reconnect with several people that I haven't been in touch with for a long time.  I sat around the table with my former principal and his wife and another man that I began teaching with.  We had some good talks about the state of our educational system and of course 'the good old days' . 

I hope you had a good weekend and managed to stay out of the heat wave that has 'gripped' the midsection of the U.S.  Where would be be without the 'hype' of the newsmakers.  We just call that summer here and enjoy it while it last because it will be gone soon and we will be complaining about the cold and snow soon. 

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your friend and good that you were able to make it to her funeral and connect with others around the story of her and those relationships from school. love youuuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about your friend..it always keeps us down to earth when attending funerals for people who are too young. when are you going to ride that bike??? If you do there better be a picture on the blog!!! Put it on your bucket list. Kathy

    ReplyDelete