Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Quilting to stay cool.

OK,OK, I did say in my last post that we should be glad for the nice warm weather.  However, it has been a bit warm here lately.  The AC has been running all the time and I have been inside enjoying it. 

This is often a warm week in Michigan, I know this because it is the week of the Ann Arbor Art Fair and I am usually fighting the crowds and the heat in Ann Arbor.  My art fair partner and friend, Kathy just recently retired and is on her own adventure with her husband.  You can check her blog as I have listed it as blogs I follow.  I decided not to go this year even though I briefly thought of finding someone else to go with me.  I am working on not buying 'things' and I surely have enough rings and 'things' to last a lifetime.  I had Paris and that was my expenditure for the year.  A memory that I will hold dear for the rest of my life. 

 I just finished this quilt for a wedding gift.  I REALLY like this pattern and the color combinations.  It was a very easy quilt pattern and a great way to use a lot of different colors.  Most of the fabrics I just picked up as I was out to different stores, without this pattern in mind.  When I saw this pattern I knew that it would look great with these fabrics.  I like how the black in the middle of each piece really sets off the blocks.  I have toyed with the idea of trying it again with white in the middle or maybe a different color but I am very happy with this gift.  I continue to work on the scrappy one that I showed a few posts back.  It is looking quite good and it keeps me from the fabric stores and spending money on fabrics that I don't need since I don't have a project in mind just yet. 
I have also been reading quite a bit lately.  I just started a good book and just finished a pretty average  book.  When I started the good book, I remembered why I like to read good literature.  The book I like so far is 'Remarkable Creatures' by Tracy Chevalier.  She also wrote 'Girl with the Pearl Earring' which I really liked. 

So good reading to all of you, I hope you have a project that allows you to keep cool or inside and enjoy the summer. 

1 comment:

  1. I am missing going to the Art Fair in Ann Arbor too but I know it will still be there next year. We are sill in Las Vagas where it is HOT and going to the strip is like entering another world. Looked at lots of jewelry but none can compare with A2 so I will wait till next year. I have had sewing time this week for my scrappy travel quilt. I will post a picture when I get it together. Love the one you pictured...I need that pattern...kathy

    ReplyDelete