Friday, July 15, 2011

Pre-Harry Potter Party

Yesterday I received a call from Sue requesting help with Charlotte's Pre-Potter Party.  She and a friend had decided to have a party before going to the midnight showing of the latest movie.  I was 'so not in the loop' and didn't even know that the last movie was coming out at midnight but consented to be a helper for this party.  I arrived about 6:30 and helped prepare the food for this little get together. 
 Since I am clueless on all things Harry Potter I also didn't know about this drink they prepared.  It was called 'Butter Beer'  the recipe includes ice cream, cream soda, and butterscotch syrup.  It looked and sounded interesting but I didn't indulge.  They had fun with their drinks.

 The boys stayed quietly inside, eating the leftovers.  (I made Jack wait until all the guests had eaten before he plunged into the hot dogs and burgers.)
After dinner they had a bonfire out on the beach.  A good crowd of teenagers.  They looked like they were having a good time.  The only thing us adults had to do was supervise and provide them with food.  It was a fun evening.  They left for the mall to 'hang out' for a couple of hours before the movie.  I am sure that included waiting in line.  We did not have to pick them up at 2:30 when the movie was over.  That was the one question that Bud asked when he found out that I had volunteered us for kitchen duty. 

I am not a Harry Potter fan but I am sure that some of you are.  If you watched the last movie, I hope that you had a good time.  I am too old for midnight movies even if it is something I do want to watch.  I don't even go to the 10:00 show anymore. 

1 comment:

  1. How I envy the kids! Although I would not indulge in a midnight show, I've read the Deathy Hallows three times, well I've read the entire series three times. Watched my dvd of the first half and Can Hardly Wait to see this movie!
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete