Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend activities

It was a fairly busy weekend here in TC.  Bud finished his electrical work on his garage.  Today the building inspector came and approved the building pending the electrical inspection tomorrow.  That is a nice feeling.  he also spent some time cleaning out the garage and rearranging his toys so that he can park in the garage now.  The outside lights look great and now we don't have an extension cord providing power to the building.  We still need to paint the whole place and put in new doors for the side doors on the garages and the house door.  Today Kevin is back working on the landscaping around the hill that was created when they put in dirt to make the garage floor level.  We are putting in landscaping blocks that will terrace the hill and keep erosion from washing it down into the yard.  It is slowly coming around. 

Saturday we rewarded ourselves with a trip up to Charlovoix to visit some long time friends.  They live in Kalamazoo but have a cottage on the lake.  We don't see them very often but always try to get up to their cottage when they come up. 

Debbie, Rick and the two of us sat around the cottage for a while and caught up with each other's lives.  Then we all went out to dinner to celebrate Debbie's birthday.  She is exactly one month older than me. 

Sunday Bud and Walt worked on the big boat and it is now ready for a sail. This is the latest in the season that we have gotten the sails on the boat and made it seaworthy.  Too many toys and things to do. 

I continue to work on a couple of quilts.  I am doing the edge of one quilt that I picked up a week ago.  I am sewing the pieces on another quilt that I started last winter.  It is a scrap quilt that I pick up when I don't have a bigger project to work on.  I don't have anything new to do so it is good for me to have this scrap quilt to work on so that I don't go out and buy any new fabric. 

Well, we are as productive as possible for us in the summer.  I hope you had a productive weekend.  Just to pass on some family news, I talked to Jessica and she spent the weekend on the river with Doug's family.  A great weekend to be on the water.  Eva is still visiting David's family.  She was planning to go and visit Uncle Eldon some time while she was there.  I talked briefly to Leo when I called about Josh.  It seems that Josh went to the hospital on Saturday from work.  He was having some shortness of breath while at work so they took him to the hospital.  After spending a day being poked and prodded they decided that it might be 'acid reflux' and sent him home.  I trust he is doing fine now.  I know that it has been HOT in Texas so maybe that contributed to the breathing problem.  I am glad that they checked it out and didn't just ignore it and equally glad that it turned out to be nothing alarming.  And finally, Matt and Diana returned from the beach and the family is glad to be back in their own space for a while.  I understand that they are "staying put' for the rest of the summer.  BUT you all probably know all this because you have checked up on everyone on Facebook.  That is how I found out about Josh's trip to the hospital so quickly. 

Everyone is having a productive summer, NOW it would be nice if we just could get our government to be more productive.  I vote for locking them in a room until they figure it out.  THEN, we the people, need to accept that there will be changes that we don't like.  Compromise is the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment