Saturday, July 23, 2011

LOST

I am feeling lost this weekend.  Yesterday I had to take my sewing machine into have it repaired/tuned up.  I always miss having it in the house even if I don't use it.  I often sew about 2 hours a day at least and that is a big hole in my life when it isn't around.  I should have taken it in when I was out of town but just didn't do it so now I will pay the price.  It isn't as if I can't find something else to do, but it is my 'fall back' activity.  I did go out yesterday and buy some paint.  I am going to paint my bedroom furniture to go with my quilt. I have been putting off this activity because it really isn't that fun for me.  I will start it on Monday, when I have a whole day to work.  I have 2 dressers, 2 bedside tables, a large chest with a lid, and a headboard to paint.  I am painting them black per Eva's suggestion.  Both she and Jessica thought that would be the best color.  I will then look for some good knobs to make it look nice. 

My computer has also been on the fritz lately.  It will go into the shop on Monday.  We are having difficulty with our Internet connection and think it is the modem but want to give it a 'tune up' also before contacting the cable company again.  I spent about an hour on the phone with someone from India the other day, trying to diagnose the problem.  That is kind of like trying to perform your own surgery with a doctor from India and doing it over the phone.  "Now just a minute, let me put down the phone while I make that incision.  Where exactly would you like me to make that incision in my stomach"  I am not much help to the tech person in India. 

I hope your problems are more simple than mine.  Wish me good luck painting.  I will post a picture when I get it done.  Enjoy the heat or try to stay cool.

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to see the paint job! I primed the tall table Doug made and hope to do the color this week. Not my favorite job either but I LOVE the results! Love you, Jess

    ReplyDelete