Tuesday, July 26, 2011

messy painting and messy words

Painting is the task for the two of us here.  I am painting the bedroom furniture.  I made a new quilt and the furniture needs to match the quilt.  SO, Eva and Jessica both said that I needed to paint it black.  I started the project on Sunday.  It is Tuesday and I only have one more piece to paint the first coat.  So far I have painted one large dresser, one small dresser, a chest, 2 bedside tables.  All of the pieces except the chest have drawers so that is a lot of work too.  Of course the chest has a lid that needs to be painted.  I don't know how many swear words I have shouted as I work on this project.  I still have the headboard to do.  Bud is disconnecting it from the bed tonight so I can do that tomorrow.  I ran out of room on the porch to put everything so some of the drawers had to be moved to the basement.  I sent out a cussing text to Eva and Jessica today.  I am TOTALLY blaming them for this project.  I hope that the results will be worth it. 

 You may not be able to tell it from this picture but I am a VERY messy painter.  The people at the paint store said that even though this is an oil base paint, it is suppose to be 'soap and water clean up' so I didn't wear gloves when I started on Sunday.  I ended up with black paint almost everywhere but definitely on my hands.  WELL,  I finally got most of it off after using an industrial brush and mineral spirits.  I wore gloves the next day.  I have concluded that I won't be painting the inside of the furniture. It is already painted white and no one will see it.  I told myself that I don't need to paint the insides of the drawers black either since no one will see it and I have convinced myself that it would be hard to see things inside black drawers.  Doesn't that sound like a rational idea to you too.  AND Eva told me that I still have to paint another coat.  Whose idea was it to paint the furniture anyway.  At least I am saving some money. 
Bud has been painting the garage.  He painted another wall this past week.  Notice that he is painting in a WHITE shirt and there isn't any paint on him, his clothes, his hands, his hair, his shoes or anything.  I swear that he could paint in his suit and come in clean.  We don't ever paint together. 

I started this project because my sewing machine was in the shop for what was going to be a week.  Well, they called on Monday and told me that it was ready so I got it back home sooner than planned.  It is a good thing that I started the painting project or I would just go back to sewing.  I enjoy that activity. 

I hope you have found a fun project that you can work on or maybe even a project that NEEDS to be done.  I prefer the fun projects.

1 comment:

  1. It looks great! I think you are going to be so happy you painted it!!! You do not need to do the inside - none of our drawers are painted on the inside.

    Love you,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete