Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bud was busy this weekend

Saturday was a beautiful day.  Bud used this day to work on chores. 
 Bud has been staining and finishing this new door for the last few weeks.  It was finally ready to Kevin to install.  He came on Saturday morning and proceeded to work on the door.  I was surprised that he had to take some of the siding off before installing the new frame. 
 Kevin is our wonderful builder.  He is Molly's husband.  I work in her classroom about twice a week this year. 
 The guys worked together to install this new door.
 Then they admired their handiwork. 
 This is the final look of the door with the knobs and the siding back on.  It looks very nice.  The color matches the garage doors very well.  Bud did a great job. 
He was also busy raking leaves this weekend.  He has this great backpack leaf blower that he uses to make it a bit easier but it is still a lot of work.

After his long day of work he was a little sore but felt good about his accomplishments.  Most of the leaves are up and we are getting closer to being ready for winter.  Today he took his motorcycle and sports car to the gas station to top off their fuel tanks and they are safely tucked away in his new garage. 

I wasn't nearly as hard working as him this weekend but I am retired and don't have to squeeze all my work into the weekend.  Aren't I lucky??? not just because I am retired but also because I have such a great husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment