Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Nothing says Christmas Like Semi-Automatic Guns

SO, I was walking through the living room, on my way to start a nice fire in the fireplace.  The NPR news came on with this item.

Arizona is now allowing children to pose with SANTA carrying a semi-automatic machine gun or a grenade launcher. 

"Isn't that special???" (a 'church lady' reference from SNL for those that don't remember)

I don't even know how to react to that picture in my mind.  I am all for civil liberties but don't you think that common sense would tell you that picture isn't good for Santa OR the child sitting on his lap. 

Merry Christmas

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know where to start...
    This (not your post, but rather the craziness in AZ) is so offensive to me on so many levels I don't even know where to start....

    I don't wish WAR or any of its variations or off-shoots to become part of any culture, part of any tradition....war happens, yes....but no one who has lived in/worked in WAR would ever celebrate war, be proud of war, strive towards war for wars sake. There is no way NOT to connect semi-automatic weapons with war, or at the very least serious violence in these days. So somebody somewhere in AZ needs to be school'd......preferably by a group of vets.....

    ReplyDelete