Tuesday, November 22, 2011

*&#*+*! Technology

WOW, what a frustrating event at Radio Shack this morning.  My cell phone has this little problem, it won't let me receive Eva's calls.  They go right to voice mail and she is beginning to feel like I don't love her enough.  Well, I got out the trusty book to see if she is in my "blocked call list"  As you can guess there is NOT any support for 'blocked calls' in my information.  It only tells me how to block them, not how to access the list or even more important how to take someone off the list.  SO, I decided that I would go to the Radio Shack store since they were the ones that sold me the phone.  After the "tech support' man looked in the same places that I had looked and couldn't find anything he asked another "tech support" person in the store and he had the same problem..  They both suggested that I should go to the AT&T store.  I let them know that it wasn't an AT&T problem but a problem with the phone but since THEY didn't have the knowledge to solve the problem, I would go and seek informed support.  What I didn't say is that I won't ever buy a phone from them again since their 'tech' people don't know anything about their products. 

I walked into the AT&T store and was greeted by a very friendly sales associate and she IMMEDIATELY knew what the problem was and was able to fix it in about 5 minutes.  She also walked me through the fix a couple of times so that I knew how to do it too.  Then she walked me to the door and told me to have a great day.  Now that is service. 

So, next time instead of spending 30 minutes with uninformed sales associates at Radio Shack,  I will go to the AT&T store.  They know their products and they know about service. 

I am thankful for my technology but sometimes it can be frustrating.  We are heading to TN via Grand Rapids tonight and tomorrow.  I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving and don't eat too much turkey. 
Safe travels to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment