Monday, January 9, 2012

I live for great literature

I have been extremely blessed these past few months.  I have been reading some very good literature.  I read mostly current literature so the bookstore loves me. I know that it is an expensive habit and I should try the library more but I seem to have difficulty finding books that move me in the library.  Anyway, here is my latest list:
  •  The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern- a mystical book full of surprises
  •   Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks- I love her writing and this is a great book about the early history of Cape Cod. It was a gift from Sara. 
  •  The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh- A touching story about trust and love from the point of view of a former foster child that has 'aged out' of the system.
  • Major Pittegrew's Last Stand- I don't have my book right now so don't know author but it is a great funny book about love and growing older.
  • The Elegance of the Hedgehog, again I lent out my book but it is a terrific story of a young girl in Paris. 
  • Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer-this is my latest and I am not done with it yet but it is a very powerful story about a boy whose father died in the World Trade Center on 9/11. It has just been made into a movie staring Tom Hanks. I want to read more books by this author. 
So that is my latest list of recommendations.  I have a few books left on my shelf to read yet.  My next one is called Still Alice which Sara and Leo also gave me for Christmas.  I feel blessed with so much good literature in my life, the opportunity to read when ever I wish and the joy of exploring the world of good books.  That is a lot to be thankful for.
              

No comments:

Post a Comment