Thursday, January 19, 2012

New apron and 'purse' for Matthew

Matt called me a week or so ago with some 'projects' to work on.  I gladly accepted the projects (Jessica told me she was relieved because she could take them off her list of things to do).  I have lots of time to do little projects like this.  Anyway he wanted an apron to wear while working on his bike so his clothes didn't get dirty.  I found just the nice heavy fabric yesterday and started it.  I felt it needed to be reversible so he can use one side and then turn it over and use the other side before washing it if he chooses.  I also thought it needed some pockets so I bought this nice outdoors fabric to make the pockets.  I would have used something with bicycles but they didn't have anything so I settled for the tree look. 
 I patterned it after one that Bud has and it really worked quite well to make it without buying a pattern.  You can kind of see it here with the 'bag' I made to go along with it. 
I had some leftover fabric so I thought a nice 'purse/bag' would be a useful thing for the extra fabric.  He can carry parts of tools in the bag.  (I was just kidding about the purse part')  I won't send it out right away because I still have another bag to make for him.  He wants a bag to put his canoe paddles in so that will be my next project. 
It is fun to do little projects like this. Just easy one day projects that make someone happy.  I hope Matt is happy with his new apron and bag. 

1 comment: