Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Still have those winter driving skills.

Today is Tuesday and one of my days to volunteer in Kingsley.  There was a 'winter storm advisory' but that didn't stop me from my job for the day.  I did make sure that I had warm boots, a warm coat and hat and took off to help Molly.  The drive down was SLOW but only because I was following people driving 25 miles an hour.  I think that if you are too nervous to drive any faster than 25 miles an hour you should stay home but I patiently followed them until I could pass.  I spent my afternoon working with children, teaching a couple classes and running some copies.  I was really needed since they are finishing their marking period and testing children. 
The snow continued to fall and blow around but I continued to work.  I did leave about 3:15 and headed home.  For the first time in a long time I had to clean off my car.  Fortunately I was able to use my remote starter and get the car warmed up before heading out.  It was a snowy drive back home but I made it just fine. 
SO, I still have my winter driving skills and am very glad that I don't have to use them every morning but just when I want to get out.  I don't miss that drive to Kingsley but can still make it in nasty weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment