Friday, January 27, 2012

Quiet week

I was told by my father, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."  Well, I DID have a quiet week here and I DID have a nice time, but I really didn't have any profound things to say so I guess I was kind of following my dad's advice.  (He would possibly be surprised since I really wasn't that good at following his advice when he gave it 'in person')  The blog has been quiet but not me.  I have been working on finishing up Matt's projects.  You might have seen the apron earlier.  This is the canoe paddle bag he asked for.  It was quite easy.  I just used some nylon cloth and put a few seams in it.  I put a drawstring in the top and 'canablolized' a suitcase strap for the strap to carry his paddles.  I will send it out in the mail today.  I hope it fits the bill.  I will go back to my ongoing list of sewing projects today.  It was nice to take a little time and make something that Matt needed. 
On the subject of not saying anything if you really don't have something to say (I am paraphrasing my father here)  I sure am getting tired of the Republican primary race.  They have been doing a GREAT job of beating each other up.  It makes me question their long term goals of trying to be elected.  I am not a fan of the Republican party of late but still try to maintain my standing as an 'Independant'.  I know that some of you that know me might not think that I really am an independent but I have voted for both parties.  I do find it puzzling that one of the candidates really isn't getting much support from the 'mainstream' party.  Usually it is the Democrats that 'beat each other up' before the election.  It seems that everything has become so mean spirited. I listen to NPR a lot and Diane Rheme just said, "I am not sure that this is good for America"  and I agree.  I am glad that I haven't been watching the debates. 

Just in case you think that I only sit around and listen to NPR and sew, I do still make it out to Kingsley twice a week.  I often teach part of the time that I am there.  Last week I taught from 10:00 -3:00 most of the time on Friday.  It is report marking time and Molly was doing some individual testing so I just took over.  She and I do a good job of team-teaching.  We have similar styles and she is an excellent teacher.  I always go early enough to have lunch in the lunchroom with the teachers and catch up on the gossip.  That way I can work in the classroom without using that time to find out what everyone is doing.  I like that arrangement.  I am not a morning person in my retirement so I can take my time getting there. 

WELL, for not having much to say I sure have rambled on and on.  I am done for the day.  You should win a prize if you made it all the way to the end today. 
Enjoy the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great. Can't wait to see it in person.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete