Friday, January 6, 2012

A quiet week here in N. Michigan

     You would think that if I couldn't think of something to blog about I would just keep quiet but not so.  I just feel compelled to write and tell you the drivel in my life so if you don't want to know the mundane things in my life, just close this out and go do something useful. 
     The new year has arrived and I am full of resolutions to break.  My first one is to drink less Ruby Red Diet Squirt.  Notice that I didn't decide to go 'cold turkey'.  I don't think I have the will power for that move.  SO, I decided to take it slowly.  I drink water until lunch time.  I am sitting here at my computer with a large glass of ice water.  It is hard to wait until noon but so far I have managed a few days. 
     My second resolution is to stay away from sugar as much as possible.  I love sweets and again I didn't say that I would completely go off all 'carbs' and sugars.  I am just resisting more.  That one is actually easier to accomplish than the Diet Squirt.
     Finally, I am continuing something that I started before the New Year, I am trying to walk about a mile or two at least 4 days a week.  That one is hard too but Bud has joined me with that resolution so that makes it easier.  We walk in the evening if he gets home early enough and he has been making an effort to get home before dark. 
    All of my resolutions are health related with the hope that combined I will lose some 20-30 pounds that seemed to have accumulated 'post-menapause'.  I am thinking of trying to eat vegetarian at least one night a week too.   I think that would be healthy for me and good for the world. 
     I am back volunteering at the school twice a week although they didn't have school on Tuesday because of the snow.  I really enjoy working with Molly and the children in her room.  They made me cards before Christmas and I just received them yesterday.  It is cute to read them and enjoy their little notes.  I know that Molly probably 'prompted' them on what to say but they are still cute. She has a nice class and they have come to depend on me being there twice a week. 
    Yes, we did get some snow this past week. (You know I am running out of things to blog about when I start giving the weather report.) It was a nice snow but it has been in the low 40s yesterday and today so it is melting fast.  This is the winter that didn't happen.
     I am continuing to work on my sewing room.  Jessica and I talked about that last night. She is attempting to reorganize too.  I bought a large clear tub yesterday so some things will go in there.  I can only work on the reorganizing for so long and then I must get out a project.  Right now I am making a quilt to send to the family that bought the farm.  They had a new baby girl in November, the day before Eva's birthday.  I think that is kind of unusual, the first baby in that family is a girl and she was born close to Eva's birthday.  Do you think they will go on to have 4 kids just like Mom and Dad?  Probably not but I thought I would make a little quilt and send it to them  I am using up some of those famous scraps that I have in my sewing room so it is serving two purposes. 
   Well, I have managed to ramble on quite a bit about myself.  If you made it this far, I commend you.

1 comment:

  1. New Years resolutions are good opportunities begin or restart things that are good for us. Sounds like you have some good good for you goals in mind.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete