Friday, November 13, 2009

Blessed 2

Yesterday I titled my post Blessed and then promptly forgot to follow up on that theme. I feel very blessed that I am able to come on this wonderful trip. I never would have imagined this when I was little. We are both relaxing and enjoying ourselves

Today was our first touring day on land. We went to a town on the coast of Morocco called Laayoune. It is a desert community with not a lot of development. We went to a Spanish fort and an oasis in the morning. There were traditional dancers and musicians at the oasis. Then we stopped for a little shopping at a silver store. Bud did most of the walking around and I did some good shopping. We had a great lunch at a hotel and then did some walking on the dunes.

Bud is working on the computer to get some pictures but we haven't managed to get them to you yet.

The next 2 days we will be at sea with only books and lectures to entertain us so I promise that pictures will be coming soon even though I know that I have promised them many times.

We are getting a good mixture of traveling and seeing the sights so far but of course this is really only our 3rd day.

I am really enjoying the people, conversations, food and sights.

Della

No comments:

Post a Comment