Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blessed

We are spending the day at sea today so I will give you a little background on our wonderful trip. We have terrific hotel sized rooms. I was VERY surprised at the size as I was expecting just enough room to walk around. I will send a picture later or you may be able to check the link that Bud gave earlier. I am not as accomplished at sending pictures yet. The food is equally terrific. It will be a challenge to not overeat. There are many choices and wonderful servers tempting us to taste the desserts and treats.
We are probably the youngest people on the boat other than the staff. I was a little afraid of being able to keep up with some of the walking but at least I don't have a cane or walker. This gives me 'heart' that I will still be able to travel when I am in my 80s. It is just a matter of choosing what you want to do I am sure. Some of the people are with a group called Elderhostel. So far all of the people are very interesting though. There is a lot to learn from this group.
Speaking of learning, this is a learning trip too. This morning we met the lecture staff which include a photography expert, a geologist, someone from the Auduban Society, and a cultural expert. This morning we heard a great lecture about how to take better pictures. It was very interesting. I don't think that I have to worry about not having enough books. They will keep us very busy with new topics every day.
I am out of topics for today but will try to check in as often as possible. I am loving this.
Della

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it so weird that you can be sending us messages from the boat?? Amazing. I am imagining you cruising down the coast of west africa. Are you out aways or can you see land? Have you seen any marine life from the boat? Is the Audubon guy talking to you about birds or sea creatures? or both? This is so exciting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you!! I am excited for you...I will look forward to the updates.
    I am imagining Africa right now. Nice....
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete