Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Salvador


Yesterday we found land again and went ashore in Salvador Brazil. It was great to be standing on land once again. The 6 day ocean crossing was nice and relaxing but you can only fill the days with a few lectues, massages (Bud is up to 5 so far but I have only had 1. He enjoys them more than me.) and reading. The city was very beautiful. We went to 2 churches in the morning. They were both spectacular. One of them was filled with gold leaf carvings. We decided that we couldn't post too many pictures on the blog since the connection is very slow. (They give us free alachol but we have to pay for the internet connection) Today I chose this picture of Bud. There were these wonderful dancing ladies in the square and if you pay them a dollar they will let you take their picture. In the evening we had a whole dance troupe come on the boat and entertain us for about an hour. It was a very good performance. Many more of these ladies danced and sang for us. We also had some men dancing for us. It was a wonderful way to end the day.
We are looking forward to a couple of more days in Reo and Sao Polo after the next two days at sea. The weather is HOT here and I am running out of hot weather clothing. I am beginning to think that I brought too many clothes for cold weather. The laundry lady is saving us.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I haven't heard what we are going to do but I know it won't include football. We do have TV reception but all we get is Fox News. I guess that signal is free but no one watches it. We do get a movie in the late evening but usually we don't watch that either. I told our cruise managers that they should try to get some signal that includes football for the afternoon on Thursday. Enjoy the parades and games. Don't eat too much turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment