Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bud turns 56

Yesterday was Bud's birthday. I arrived home about noon and unpacked. I tried to buy him a birthday gift but it didn't work out. It is kind of funny. When I got home there was a page ripped out of an advertisement on the counter. The advertisement was for a toaster oven. I know that we need a new one so I thought it was a BIG hint for me to buy one for him. SO, I went out to the store and picked up one that I thought he would want. I felt so proud at getting the hint. HOWEVER, it really wasn't a hint. He just took the page out to check it out and see if it would fit on our shelf that we keep our old toaster oven. As you can probably guess, it didn't fit so I will be taking it back today. I guess after so many years of marriage I still can't guess what he is hinting or not hinting. Maybe that is a good thing. We had a wonderful dinner with Sonja, Walt and Sue. It was good to catch up on all their travels. Sonja just returned from a quick trip to Denver to see her brother and Sue and Walt went to Rome a few weeks ago. The birthday boy was happy even though I still don't have a gift for him. He did order some new shirts for himself so maybe that will be his gift this year. We are getting a new garage so that is a pretty bit output AND I always have trouble finding a gift for him.

I haven't sorted through my trip pictures just yet but will be making another post with many pictures as soon as I get to them. We had a wonderful time with Matt, Diana and the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment