Thursday, November 4, 2010

The trip to Tennessee with LOTS of pictures

Well, I promised lots of pictures of the Tennessee trip. I started sorting through them and couldn't decide so I picked a lot of them. I hope you enjoy the pictures half as much as I enjoyed the trip. It was wonderful to spend some time with everyone.

We arrived just before the girls got home from school on Friday. That evening we relaxed and enjoyed the company and wonderful white chicken chili that Diana made. Saturday was our first day of adventures.

Matt planned some fun activities for us. We drove south and went canoeing on a river that Matt had heard about. He took along his 2 canoes and we rented one.
The bus took us up river. We are ready to go.

We waited for the dam to shut down for the morning so that our launch would be smooth so we launched about 11:00.

The float/canoeing was wonderful. The temps were in the high 60s and the sun was shining most of the time.







Jessica was my guide since I can't steer a canoe at all. I am good at hitting the banks. She did a wonderful job and I helped paddle as much as possible.

Matt had a great time with Eva as his 'princess' in the front.

Annika watched over our lunch.

Here we have the princess, relaxing with Matt paddling. Notice that she doesn't even pretend to paddle.


Jessica did a great job in our canoe.



Now it was finally time for lunch. We found a nice little island to have our picnic.



After lunch Brookelynn joined Jessica and me in our canoe.





It was a beautiful day for all of us. Thanks, Matt for arranging such a great day on the river.


HALLOWEEN, Aunt Jess did a great job with the pumpkins. She had a wonderful time too since she love to carve pumpkins.

Gram enjoyed every moment with her grandchildren.



The knives were sharp but they had a good teacher.

Finally they were done. Aunt Jessica was the hero. She helped with the messy project and even carved the difficult little mouth that Brookelynn drew.

I gave the girls the easy jack-o-lantern that I made for them.

Sunday after church it was time to work on the costumes. Hailey went as a Greek Goddess, I'm sorry but I can't remember which one she was. She was cute though.
Brookelynn went as a cowgirl. This is the costume that Diana wore when she was a little girl. It was a great fit and a wonderful tradition.
Here they are, ready to go.

Aunt Jessica couldn't be out done by the kids. Can you guess what her costume is??? She is a CD burner???

Gram was so happy to spend time with her girls.

We went trick-or-treating downtown first but the crowds were too big and it was just a constant line of people walking around the town square. Then we headed off to a great neighborhood and did traditional trick-0r-treating.


Hailey or Brookelynn said that Matt was dressed up as a green frog. Diana had some mysterious costume that involved Abby from the TV show NCIS ????
We all had a great time. I hope you enjoyed the pictures and that I didn't post too many.










1 comment: