Sunday, November 28, 2010

I am back from my travels and shopping

OK, I uploaded this picture and I must admit I don't know how to remove it so here it is again. Right after Thanksgiving dinner Bud and I headed to Grand Rapids for the weekend. Bud had an appointment for work on Friday so we drove separately because I wanted to stay and spend some time with Eva and do my Christmas shopping.
Here we are on Friday morning. Bud left for his appointment and Eva and I took off to the mall. It wasn't too crowded. We were able to find parking places right outside the door and take advantage of some early morning bargains.


We did a pretty good job with the large shopping bags. It was a LONG day but we got a lot done.
Saturday we met Jessica for breakfast (sorry no photo again, I am slipping up) and then we went to Target for a while. Jessica went on home and Eva and I continued shopping, going to some small shops but not back to the malls.
In the afternoon we came back to the house and started with some of Eva's decorating. The big bins came up from the basement and the two of us went to work.
One of Eva's new ideas was to put lights on the fences in the guest bedroom. It was a clever idea and it looks great, even better when the overhead lights are out.
I put up the fake Christmas tree in the corner of the dining room. This tree came from the farm and has all the OLD ornaments on it. I only broke one while putting it up.
I arrived home today (Sunday) with LOTS of bags to unpack and sort. Bud continued to work on his electrical work in his new garage. It was a busy weekend but we had lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment