Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Travelers and teachers

Leo came up to visit on Monday. He arrived about 1:00 and we did a few errands and walked around downtown, just checking out the local sights and relaxing over coffee. He stopped on his way out to N. Dakota to visit Glen and Penny and the girls. He has 2 weeks of vacation to use up and wanted to 'get our of Dodge' for a while. He told the people at work that: "All that would keep him from returning is a $10 an hour job and a RICH woman". I told him good luck on that rich woman. He left a little after 7 yesterday (Tuesday) going the northern route. I talked to him about 9:00 last evening and he was almost to Fargo. He heard that there was a BIG storm heading his way so he thought he would just continue on through the night unless it got too bad to drive. I sent a sleeping bag with him and he had a blanket but was hoping he didn't have to use them. He sent me a text in the night. He arrived about 7:30 N.D. time so it took him a little less than 24 hours. I talked to him this morning and he said the last stretch along highway 94 going west from Bismark was pretty bad. That is the stretch that Glen plows and he was out already working. Anyway, he is safe and having coffee out there now. He is planning to stay until Sunday or Monday OR until he finds that rich woman. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of Leo while he was here. I was up and out yesterday too. I was the guest teacher at my quilting class. I taught them how to make the wrap bowls.
Everyone had a great time and they turned out nice bowls. I helped my local quilt shop by selling some of the books and rope. It is just a little volunteer job but fun.
Tomorrow we are having Thanksgiving dinner with the Noble family and then I am heading to Grand Rapids to spend the rest of the weekend with Eva. We will be doing the 'retail' experience on Friday.
I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving. I am always thankful for such a wonderful family, my terrific husband and my fortunate life here in Traverse City.

No comments:

Post a Comment