Sunday, May 29, 2011

All's well that MAYBE ends well

Well, we all managed to get out of Paris on time.  Our taxi didn't arrive at our apartment but we did flag down a couple taxis on a nearby street.  We said our 'quick' good bys on the street.  Sara and Diana took off in one cab.  Jessica, Eva and I left in another one.  Our taxi driver whisked us through the streets of Paris to the airport.  We were dropped off at the wrong terminal because he had the incorrect information.  We had a lot of time to find our flights so we were at our gate. Our flight was a little late but not too bad.  It took a little longer on the flight across but we landed here in Toronto just fine.  We went through customs and found out that Sara and Diana made it home safely.  HOWEVER, as we were waiting at our gate out in the 'hinderlands' for our flight to Grand Rapids, Jessica noticed that our flight was cancelled.  YES, YES, #$*T it was cancelled.  It was the only flight to GR tonight and there were storms which would not allow our little plane to go into the airport.  So, we are suppose to stay in a Holiday Inn Express tonight and take an early flight to Chicago and then on to GR.  Everyone is disappointed.  We had our hearts set on getting home tonight.  Jessica was planning on going on the river for the day tomorrow, I was planning on going to Coleman and participating in the Memorial Day activities. Eva was planning on working on her flowers and we were all planning on sleeping in our own beds. Disappointments all around.  I am trying to keep in mind my mantra from the beginning of the flight, "it is all part of the adventure"  I am sitting here, curbside at the airport, WAITING for the shuttle for the hotel, It doesn't seem to want to come and get us.  I am blogging so that I don't swear at the people around me.  Eva is 'chatting up' all the fellow passengers that are in the same boat as us.  Jessica is making friends with this older couple.  I am going through my grumpy phase of this evening and wanting a drink.  

It was a WONDERFUL  trip with Eva, Jessica, Sara and Diana.  We enjoyed Paris and our time together.  I will let go of my 'gripe' and sign off.  Hoping the hotel van arrives SOON.  I am glad that this happened on our way home not the way there.  I think this may also be my punishment for wanting to go to Coleman tomorrow wearing my Paris t-shirt so that people could ask me  'what have you been doing lately' and I could respond with 'Well, I just got back from Paris yesterday'  A boastful person almost always gets punished. 

It was a terrific trip and we will all  be home tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment