Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Travel and tech changes

Well, my trip to Paris is getting closer and closer.  I leave for Grand Rapids on Friday.  Eva, Jess and I fly out that evening and spend the night in Toronto.  Yes, I know that seems strange but  the price of the ticket was much less if we spent the night there.  Saturday night we fly out to Paris.  Diana and Sara fly out Saturday evening and we all connect in Paris. I will be SO relieved when we all hug in the airport.  I will relax and be ready to enjoy our time together.  Wish us good travels and a blessing from the travel gods.

I have been getting all my technology ready for this trip and then reflecting on how technology has changed since my first trip to Europe.  That trip was in '77 and I was gone for 2 months with only a backpack and the benefit of the mail system to keep in touch with people back home.  NOW, I have international roaming on my phone, my computer to blog if I can find the time and the world at my fingertips.  Then I was traveling on $10/day and now I'm sure that $10 wouldn't buy me breakfast in Paris.  Then the bathroom was down the hall and this time we are staying in our own flat. We are all looking forward to a great trip.  I haven't packed yet but keep going over in my mind the things that will fit in my carry-on. 

If I don't get another posting out before leaving, I will see you in Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment