Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Our trip to Minnesota

I am finally getting around to posting the pictures from our trip last weekend.  I have been a little busy here because I went into the school twice this week to help out with end of the year testing.  I still have the touch and am able to teach for the afternoon.

Saturday we went over to visit Bud's cousin Mike and his family.  They fixed us brunch and we had a chance to catch up with his wife Shelly and their 2 daughters. They don't have many family members visit them in St.Paul so they  were pleased that we could visit.  After brunch we had a little free time,  We took a tour of the Gold Medal Flower mill.  It was an interesting tour.


 We could see the Mississippi River from the balcony of the museum.
 They had some old farm equipment so I couldn't pass up a picture of the tractor.
 Here are the cousins and their wives.  Me, Mike Cline, Mila and Warren Meeks and Bud.
 That evening we went back over to Mike and Shelly's house for dinner.  The girls had other commitments but us adults had a great dinner, wonderful conversations and a little time around the fire in the back yard.  The weather was fantastic and warm.  We had our first chance to sit outside in the evening.  This is the whole crew Bud, me, Mila and Warren Meeks, Shelly and Mike Cline.  I learned how to use my camera on a timed delay.  (Just in time for my Paris trip)
Here we have the 3 cousins.  We had some great conversations about their grandparents.  The weekend was a success.  We came home with lots of information and copies of letters and reports will be sent to Bud.  I told him that he needs to write a book when he retires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment